Monday, January 10, 2011

Trip to Acco

You heavens above, rain down my righteousness; let the clouds shower it down. Let the earth open wide, let salvation spring up, let righteousness flourish with it; I, the L-rd, have created it. Isaiah 45:8
The sky was just magnificent. On Friday, we made it to Acco just as the rain cleared up and then immediately after we left, it started pouring, so we made it between the rain falls!

It was chilly and windy on the walls by the sea. The tip of Haifa can be seen in the far background, to the right of my head.
The above picture was taken by Desta. We had fun walking around, taking in our first Acco experience together. It's a very historic area. I believe the wall I walked on is from the mid-18th century, built by a Arab-Bedouin ruler who used the remains of the Crusader walls as his foundation. It was also very beautiful, as long as I didn't look at the ground, which contained plentiful amounts of broken glass, garbage, dog kaka, and even some dead fish.

Acco is one of the more integrated cities with a rather large Arab population. People's back yards are awkwardly right across the street from where the tourist attraction is in the old city.

There's just something about stone walls that is very appealing to me. Especially old stone walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment